Tzatziki a Greek yogurt dip that is flavoured with cucumber and garlic. Tzatziki generally has a tangy flavour with a garlic bite. It is always served cold, often as an appetizer or used as a sauce. For best results, prepare a day beforehand, to allow flavours to fuse together.
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 tub of Maleny Natural Premium Yoghurt (500g)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Place yoghurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a bowl and stand for 3 hours to allow the excess whey to drain away. Place yoghurt in a bowl and discard the whey.
- Grate the cucumber and drain through a sieve overnight in the fridge.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Press out any excess moisture of cucumber through the sieve. Then combine cucumber and dill with the yoghurt blend.
- Serve chilled with warm flat bread for dipping.
- Alter the amount of garlic and dill to suit your tastes.
- Substitute the lemon juice for white vinegar.
- Substitute dill with other herbs, such as chives, mint, parsley.