A simple, tasty cheesecake using our Maleny Buffalo Quark.
- 1 cup plain biscuit (eg Marie), crumbed
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- Combine the crumbs, margarine and sugar and press firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- 680g Maleny Buffalo Quark
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 50g melted unsweetened chocolate
- Increase the oven temperature to 230ºC.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, mix the Buffalo Quark, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and blend the melted chocolate into it. Place the plain batter onto the crust then spoon the chocolate batter over top. Take a knife and cut through the batters several times to create the marbled effect.
- Bake at 230ºC degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 120ºC and back an additional 30 minutes or until almost set.
- Slide a sharp knife around the edge of the cake to loosen but do not remove the rim until cool.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.